You may be asking, "What does Elements Financial do with my personal information?"
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number
- Account Balances
- Payment History
- Credit History and Scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
How is your information used?
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Elements Financial chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
We can share your information for the following reasons:
- For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing1 with other financial companies
- For our affiliates’2 everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
We do NOT share your information for the following reasons:
- For our affiliates’2 everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- For nonaffiliates3 to market to you
Who are we and what do we do?
Who is providing this notice?
Elements Financial Federal Credit Union
How does Elements Financial protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Elements Financial collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’2 everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates2 from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates3 to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Call 1-800-621-2105 for more information.
To print this policy for your records click here.