How do I know if Basic Checking is right for me?
If you are at least 50 or under 25, this could definitely be the right checking account for you because there is no monthly maintenance fee no matter what balance you maintain. If you’re between 25 and 49, you also have no monthly fee as long as you have direct deposit or keep a balance of at least $10,000 across all accounts. If you want the freedom of unlimited transactions and checkwriting, this is also a good choice for you. With Basic Checking, you'll also enjoy:
- No minimum balance
- First 40 checks FREE
- Real-time fraud alerts
- Online check images
- Ability to connect your account to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and other digital wallets
- FREE access to your credit score
- Visa® debit and ATM card with security chip accepted anywhere Visa is
- Access to more than 78,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide
- Shared branch access at more than 5,000 branches nationwide
- Lost debit card? No problem. Just freeze it from anywhere using the Card Control app. Then use CardSwap when you get your new card to update your payment info in just one place for over 50 online shopping, streaming, and other subscription services
- The convenience of direct deposit of payroll or federal benefits
Note: Basic Checking does not have dividends and, therefore, does not have specific rates.