Elements Financial presented its 3rd annual Purpose Day in which nearly 180 employees built relationships and gave back to the Indianapolis community on Columbus Day.
Elements paused operations at their headquarters and six branches to spend the day putting their purpose to work. A handful of remote employees also traveled to the Circle City to participate.
Planned by a group of representatives from Human Resources and Marketing, Purpose Day aims to shed light on issues facing our community - including poverty, homelessness, cancer, and animal care. Elements selected six nonprofits this year to provide hands-on opportunities for staff to get involved. Susan Weber, Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Management, explains “This is one of our employees’ favorite events of the year. It’s exciting for them to spend time together bonding while they are also making a sizable impact on the community.”
Aside from projects, staff participated in team building activities and a networking Happy Hour - designed to connect Elements employees to organizations where they can spend time volunteering in the future.
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Employees gathered at INDUSTRY to hear overviews of the organizations and their projects and participated in team building activities.
10:15 AM - 2:30 PM
Elements employees completed on the following projects:
- Served lunch, organized a large clothing pantry, washed windows and hosted credit reviews for homeless neighbors at Horizon House.
- Scraped and repainted the home of a senior citizen by partnering with NeighborLink.
- Prepared 100 breakfast burritos, baked cookies, organized the food pantry and assembled birthday gifts for homeless youth at Outreach, Inc.
- Worked on the interior and exterior of two local homes, including carpet removal and landscaping, through a partnership with Shepherd Community Center.
- Assembled care packages, made twist-tie blankets and wrote cards for cancer patients at Little Red Door Cancer Agency.
- Performed clerical work, landscaping, and volunteered time with adoptable cats at FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic.
Employees attended a networking Happy Hour at INDUSTRY, allowing them to consider future volunteer opportunities and hear all about the projects their coworkers completed throughout the day.
At each organization, staff presented a surprise $1,000 donation. In addition to Columbus Day, Elements employees receive an additional eight hours of volunteer paid time off to use anytime throughout the year, toward the causes they care about.
Watch a video recap of Purpose Day by clicking the image below.