Since 1930, Elements has been committed to serving our community. Seven years ago, this dedication inspired the creation of Purpose Day – a special time when our employees unite to serve the causes we care about. These causes are organized under our 3 Pillars of Giving: Homelessness & Housing, Healthy Lifestyles, and Youth Development.
Purpose Day is hands down my favorite day on Elements’ calendar. It’s a chance for us to get together and partner with various agencies and hopefully make a positive impact on our friends and neighbors.
On the morning of, our teams went on a mission to support our non-profit partners through various volunteer opportunities:
- Little Red Door Cancer Agency: Employees came together to create blankets and organize items for Little Red Door’s care kits, which are provided to cancer patients in Central Indiana.
- Damar: Elements volunteers pitched in to help prepare items for Damar's Fall Festival, ensuring that the event would be a memorable and enjoyable experience for the children and adults they serve with developmental and behavioral disabilities.
- BOSMA: The team worked diligently to organize BOSMA's storage rooms, streamlining operations and making a positive impact on the organization's visually impaired employees.
- Growing Places Indy: Elements employees used their green thumbs and passion for sustainability to help clean up Growing Places Indy's garden, supporting the organization's mission to provide access to fresh local foods.
- NeighborLink of Indianapolis: A team worked together to repaint the exterior of a home for a disabled homeowner, stabilizing the residence for years to come and improving the appearance of the neighborhood at large.
Following a morning of hands-on volunteering, Elements hosted a volunteer fair on Butler's campus. Local non-profit organizations attended to provide upcoming volunteer opportunities for Elements employees who were eager to continue their service to the community. This volunteer fair aimed to ensure that the spirit of Purpose Day would extend throughout the year, offering ongoing engagement with our non-profit partners.
Want to see our purpose at work? Watch the video recap above to learn more about Purpose Day 2023.