Gone are the days of having to visit a physical branch location to complete all of your banking transactions. As technology continues to improve, so does the user experience for consumers looking to handle their banking via the internet. According to the US Federal Reserve, online banking is used by 71% of consumers and mobile banking by 38%. If you’ve used digital banking tools for years, or even if you’re new to using them, you may find our expert tips useful to enhancing your experience.
Common Questions about Digital Banking
Is it secure? Most online and mobile banking interfaces require two-factor authentication, which adds an extra layer of security. Your financial institution is additionally always validating transactions and carefully monitoring suspicious activity within their online and mobile banking apps.
Isn’t it safer to go to a branch? Carrying cash and checks and completing transactions at branches carry their own risks. Branches are a great place to go with financial questions, but many of your simple transactions can be completed online with just as much, or more, safety.
Why should I take advantage of digital banking? With 24/7 access and multiple layers of security, there aren’t many reasons you wouldn’t want to. Most digital banking websites and apps are built with a user-friendly interface that allows you to complete tasks quickly, schedule payments and see all of your financial data in one place.
Plus, many systems — including the one Elements offers — allow you to categorize your spending and create a digital budget customized for your situation. While many institutions offer online and mobile banking solutions, we will dive into some of the features that are specific to our system.
BILL PAY | Your one-stop-shop to pay all of your bills.
- Schedule multiple payments at one time
- Pay any person or company in the United States, even if they aren't registered in our Bill Pay
- Receive payment reminders
ACCOUNT TRANSFERS | Move your money where you need it.
- Transfer to or from your Elements or outside banking accounts
- Funds transfer immediately
- No fees associated with these transfers
CHECK DEPOSIT | Cash your checks from wherever you are.
- Use the camera on your mobile device to capture check images
- See up to $2,000 of deposited cash in your account immediately
- Review the status of your checks as either pending or processed
PERSON-TO-PERSON PAYMENTS | Pay friends or family with ease.
- Send money to anyone with a smartphone or email address
- Money is typically available within minutes
- Neither the sender nor receiver are charged any fees from Elements for the service
Cards & Spending
MANAGING CREDIT CARDS | Keep tabs on your credit card anytime, anywhere.
- Make payments towards your credit card bill in both Online and Mobile Banking
- Review your payment and spending history
- Process your rewards points on select credit cards from Elements
CARD CONTROL | You’ll have peace of mind if your card goes missing.
- Misplaced your card? Easily turn your card off and back on when you find it
- Receive customizable alerts and get notified of any debit card activity
- Learn more about Card Control
MOBILE PAYMENTS | Make payments without your physical wallet.
- Use Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, or PayPal with your Elements card wherever they are accepted
- Enhanced security features
- Useful if you don’t have your card with you
- Learn more about mobile payments
CARD SWAP | Easy access to change your subscription payments.
- A single spot to update your Elements debit or credit card information for over 50 of your favorite online shopping and streaming services including Netflix, Amazon, Uber, Walmart, Hulu, and more.
- Learn more about Card Swap
BRANCH & ATM LOCATIONS | Find quick access to your money.
- Search for 5,000+ Shared Branch locations nationwide
- Locate 78,000+ ATMs around the globe
- Search for a Branch or ATM near you
CREDIT SCORE | Monitor your credit score in one easy location.
- Have free online access to your FICO Score
- See the key factors that affect your FICO Score
- Read educational content on FICO Scores and financial wellness and more
- Learn more about monitoring your FICO Score
Elements is here to enhance your banking experience, including with best-in-class online and mobile banking services. Our eCommerce team is dedicated to continually updating our digital platforms, so watch our website for news of updates that will make banking better for you. Feel free to contact us at any time, as our experts are here to support you and provide you with assistance with any of your digital banking questions.
This information is provided for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice. Consult with your tax, legal or financial adviser before taking any action.