If you’re a new Elements member, you’ll need to have funds in your account before you can take advantage of our services and begin earning dividends, if the account offers that benefit. However, even if you maintain accounts elsewhere for various reasons, you will still want to know how to transfer money to your Elements accounts, as needed.
It’s a good idea to have your personal finances all in one place. That makes it easier to manage across both your savings and checking accounts, and it simplifies the management of more complex financial commitments like your mortgage, investments, and any other outstanding loans you have.
Luckily, the process of moving your money is easy—and there are numerous options available to you, such as:
- Set Up an Online/Electronic Transfer: Thankfully, the digital world has made it easier than ever to transfer money. All you need to do is set up a connection between your two accounts before you make a transfer.1
If you’re already enrolled in Elements Online Banking, then the most seamless option is to log in there and select the option that allows you to make an external transfer. You’ll need your account number and routing number for the other institution.
If you’re not yet enrolled in Elements Online Banking, log in to your other bank’s website or mobile app and choose to make an external transfer. To initiate the transfer, you’ll likely need to enter your Elements Financial account and routing number to link your accounts. For easy reference, our routing number is: 274073834.
Once verified and confirmed, you can easily transfer money between the two accounts. (Double check with your bank if they have daily transfer limits.2)
- Initiate an External Transfer in Person: If you prefer face-to-face transactions, you can initiate a transfer of funds by sitting down with a representative at the other financial institution and giving them your Elements account and routing numbers. They should be able to handle the rest. (Remember: It’ll take three to six business days for the funds to appear in your Elements account using this method.)
- Do a Remote Check Deposit: Not everyone deals with paper checks these days, but those who prefer a classic approach to payments can always write themselves a check from their other account and make a remote deposit using the Elements mobile banking app. (Keep in mind: There’s a daily deposit limit of $15,000 using Remote Check Deposit.)
- Make a Wire Transfer: This may be your best option if you’re moving a large amount of money from another institution into Elements and especially if you are transferring money from an overseas or foreign account. The good news is a wire transfer can be completed in as little as a few hours, but it often includes a fee — anywhere from $5 to $25 or more. Learn more about Wire Transfers.
- Shared Branching and Deposit-Taking ATMs: You can also deposit funds by bringing cash or checks to any of our branches or deposit-taking ATMs nationwide. You can find a convenient location near you by searching our website or using our mobile banking app to find the closest branch or ATM.
Have questions or need assistance with transferring money to Elements? Our credit union experts are always here for you. Contact Elements Financial for support of all your financial needs, including how to make the funds transfer process easy for you.
1) Nerdwallet, https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/banking/how-to-transfer-money-from-one-bank-to-another
2) While we do not have a limit on the amount you transfer into Elements, we do have transfer limits to other financial institutions, as follows: $1,000 per transaction / $2,000 per day / $10,000 per month. Existing members (after 30 days of membership) $5,000 per transaction / $10,000 per day / $50,000 per month.
3) Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/advisor/money-transfer/how-to-transfer-money-from-one-bank-account-to-another/